Welcome to my blog!

I am often asked for my favorite healthy recipes and have decided to share them here. All of the recipes use only whole grains and unrefined sweeteners. REAL FOODS! I love to eat healthy foods and I love to share my passion with others. I do not pretend to be an expert and I learn more every day. So, come in, look around, and hopefully you will find something you like!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Pancakes


Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Pancakes
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp aluminum-free baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 cups milk (I use almond milk, but any kind will do - even water will do in a pinch)
3 eggs
1/4 cup oil
splash of cinnamon (I recommend a large splash)
dash of vanilla (once again, I appreciate not-skimpy-dashes)
fruit (berries or bananas are delicious)

Mix and cook on a greased griddle.
Make sure they are heart shaped if you make them on Valentine's Day. These have raspberries in them. My favorite. Simple and yummy. You don't need anything to put on them, but if you're going to anyway, may I suggest 100% pure maple syrup (a little goes a long way), 100% fruit spread, more fruit, or, if you insist...

Vanilla Syrup
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup buttermilk (make by adding 1 tsp lemon juice to milk - even soy or nut milks)
1 stick butter

Bring to a boil. Make sure you use a 3 quart pan. This will cause some bubbling:

1/2 tsp baking soda

Boil for one more minute. Remove from heat. Then add:

1 tsp vanilla

Once again, a little goes a long way. This stuff tastes like caramel.




1 comment:

  1. I made the syrup with maple syrup instead of agave because I miss the maple flavoring sometimes. Umm, it was to die for. You might want to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete