Welcome to my blog!

I am often asked for my favorite healthy recipes and have decided to share them here. All of the recipes use only whole grains and unrefined sweeteners. REAL FOODS! I love to eat healthy foods and I love to share my passion with others. I do not pretend to be an expert and I learn more every day. So, come in, look around, and hopefully you will find something you like!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Whole Wheat Chocolate Cake


Delicious and moist. I usually make a not-at-all-vegan frosting out of cream cheese, butter, vanilla and just enough agave nectar to make a nice consistency. I'm sorry. I don't actually measure. And it's not healthy. Don't think I think it is. But it is nice for a very occasional treat.

Whole Wheat Chocolate Cake
3 cups whole wheat flour
6 tablespoons cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup agave nectar
1 teaspoon salt
5/8 cup oil
2 tablespoon white vinegar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cup cold water
Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour into a 9 inch by 13 inch baking pan. (The pan does not have to be greased.) Bake at 325 degrees for about 30-40 minutes. Test with a fork for doneness.

No comments:

Post a Comment