Welcome to my blog!

I am often asked for my favorite healthy recipes and have decided to share them here. All of the recipes use only whole grains and unrefined sweeteners. REAL FOODS! I love to eat healthy foods and I love to share my passion with others. I do not pretend to be an expert and I learn more every day. So, come in, look around, and hopefully you will find something you like!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Kale and Bean Soup

This is from my friend Lynne's recipe blog. It is one of our all time favorites. Don't be frightened of the kale. Really. This is yummy.


KALE AND BEAN SOUP

8 large garlic cloves, crushed or minced.

1 medium onion, chopped

4 cups chopped raw kale.

4 cups chicken or vegetable broth

2-3 (15 ounce) cans beans, such as cannellini , navy, pinto, un-drained.

4 plum tomatoes, chopped

1-2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning.

Salt and pepper to taste.

The recipe calls for a parsley garnish. Basil is much more delicious.

In a large pot steam (or sautee) garlic and onion in a bit of water (or olive oil) until soft. Add kale, broth, beans, tomato, herbs, salt and pepper. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Ladle into bowls; sprinkle with chopped parsley (or basil).

No comments:

Post a Comment