Welcome to my blog!

I am often asked for my favorite healthy recipes and have decided to share them here. All of the recipes use only whole grains and unrefined sweeteners. REAL FOODS! I love to eat healthy foods and I love to share my passion with others. I do not pretend to be an expert and I learn more every day. So, come in, look around, and hopefully you will find something you like!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Basil Pesto

Basil Pesto (From Get it Ripe by Jae Steele and by the way, everything of hers is delicious. I highly recommend her book!)


1/4 lb fresh basil leaves (2 1/2 ‐3 cups)

1/2 c. pine nuts or other raw nuts or seeds

2 medium cloves of garlic

1/2 tsp. sea salt

freshly ground black pepper to taste

1/3 c. olive oil

1/4 c. hot filtered water


Wash the basil, remove stems, and add to a food processor or blender along with the

pine nuts or other nuts or seeds, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pulse a few times to break

up and combine ingredients. Add the oil and water and process until desired

consistency (or coarse paste) is achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment