Welcome to my blog!

I am often asked for my favorite healthy recipes and have decided to share them here. All of the recipes use only whole grains and unrefined sweeteners. REAL FOODS! I love to eat healthy foods and I love to share my passion with others. I do not pretend to be an expert and I learn more every day. So, come in, look around, and hopefully you will find something you like!

Friday, March 5, 2010

Whole Wheat Pizza Crust


Here is my recipe for pizza. Well, pizza crust. I'll tell you what we put on it, but you can put whatever deliciousness you want on it. My kids are making dinner tonight. So, we've taken some pictures for you, too. Ignore my messy kitchen.

Super Easy Whole Wheat Pizza Crust

1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) rapid yeast
1 cup very warm water
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon salt

Dissolve yeast in water. Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix well. Knead five times. Let stand for 5 minutes in a bowl in the oven on lowest temp.
Roll dough onto cooking stone or pizza pan (we use cookie sheets and we press more than roll).
Top with whatever you want! Bake at 450 for 9-15 minutes (depending on how thin your crust is).

Here's how we top ours:

It all started when we discovered Beano's White Pizza Sauce. So yummy. It is just oil and herbs. Until our grocery store stopped carrying it. The nerve. So, we've been trying to make our own. We brush olive oil on the crust and sprinkle basil, oregano and Italian Seasoning on top.
It is almost as good, but not quite. (Their website says that another local grocery store that I never go to has some. I may have to visit...) We then top with chopped up red peppers and some goat cheese.
(My milk sensitive ones handle goat cheese fine.)
Very yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment