Welcome to my blog!

I am often asked for my favorite healthy recipes and have decided to share them here. All of the recipes use only whole grains and unrefined sweeteners. REAL FOODS! I love to eat healthy foods and I love to share my passion with others. I do not pretend to be an expert and I learn more every day. So, come in, look around, and hopefully you will find something you like!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Whole Wheat Bread


This is seriously the best and easiest whole wheat bread recipe ever! Enjoy!


Whole Wheat Bread


14 cups whole wheat flour (don’t use all at once!)

3/4 cup gluten flour

2 Tbsp. rapid yeast

6 cups warm water

1/2 cup honey

1/2 cup oil

1 1/3 Tbsp. salt


Put 8 cups flour, gluten flour and yeast in bread mixing bowl. Add water. Mix 1

minute and let sit 10 minutes.


Put honey, oil salt and last 6 cups flour in and knead about 6 minutes.

Heat oven to 170 degrees (or “warm”).


Grease 4 pans and put dough in pans. Form into loaves. Put in the oven for 20

minutes.


Turn oven to 350 degrees (leave loaves in oven) and take out after 35 minutes. Turn

out onto rack and cool.

1 comment:

  1. I know you grind your own wheat... is that why yours tastes so good? I'm thinking that maybe it's the freshness of the wheat because even when I made granola I could taste the flour, but I couldn't on yours. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete