Welcome to my blog!

I am often asked for my favorite healthy recipes and have decided to share them here. All of the recipes use only whole grains and unrefined sweeteners. REAL FOODS! I love to eat healthy foods and I love to share my passion with others. I do not pretend to be an expert and I learn more every day. So, come in, look around, and hopefully you will find something you like!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pineapple Curry

Pineapple Curry
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 Tbsp red or yellow curry (I always use yellow)
3 cans of coconut milk
2 peppers julienned (use different colors or several of the red, yellow and orange mini peppers)
1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped (optional)
1 can bamboo strips, drained
1 can pineapple, crushed or tidbits (I just decided last night that I prefer the crushed)

Sautee the garlic and onions in oil or water. Add curry. Add coconut milk, bamboo, pineapple, peppers and cauliflower (optional). Bring to a boil and simmer until vegetables are warm. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over brown rice. Yum. My three year old asked for it for breakfast this morning.

You can add chicken if you want. The original recipe called for it, but I don't do it. Not that this resembles the original recipe anymore...

3 comments:

  1. This looks YUM. I'll have to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this really yummy or was it so so. I must know. Mumsie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't thought of using cauliflower in this recipe before, but that sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete