Welcome to my blog!

I am often asked for my favorite healthy recipes and have decided to share them here. All of the recipes use only whole grains and unrefined sweeteners. REAL FOODS! I love to eat healthy foods and I love to share my passion with others. I do not pretend to be an expert and I learn more every day. So, come in, look around, and hopefully you will find something you like!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Tomato-Pesto Lasagna

This is probably my favorite recipe EVER. I have to double it and we still polish off both of them. It is SO GOOD.

Tomato-Pesto Lasagna

Tomato Sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
1 chopped yellow onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 28 oz. cans diced tomatoes
2 bay leaves
Pinch red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent. Add tomatoes, bay leaves, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes. Remove bay leaves.

Pesto (This is not a vegan pesto. For a vegan pesto recipe, click here. It can be substituted here.)
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoon pine nuts
2 cups fresh basil, tough stems removed
2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (or goat feta - that's what we use)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon olive oil

Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor.

9 dried lasagna noodles

Boil lasagna noodles. Tricky, eh?

Finally, combine the tomato sauce (If you timed everything well, it should still be warm. If not, reheat it.) and the pesto. Lay three cooked noodles on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Spoon 1/3 of the tomato-pesto mixture on top. Repeat three times. Eat. And eat. And eat. You won't want to stop. I'm so not kidding. The end.


1 comment: