Welcome to my blog!

I am often asked for my favorite healthy recipes and have decided to share them here. All of the recipes use only whole grains and unrefined sweeteners. REAL FOODS! I love to eat healthy foods and I love to share my passion with others. I do not pretend to be an expert and I learn more every day. So, come in, look around, and hopefully you will find something you like!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Cilantro Lime Rice

Since when is rice the most exciting part of a meal? Since I made this the other night. Holy cow.

Cilantro Lime Rice

5 cups water
2 1/2 cups wild rice/brown rice/barley blend
5 teaspoons bouillon
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, chopped
1-2 large limes
1 bunch cilantro, chopped, divided

Place water, rice blend, bouillon, lime juice, garlic, onion and half of the cilantro in a sauce pan. (Make sure the bouillon is dissolved in the water before adding other ingredients.) Cover and cook 55 minutes, or as long as directed for rice. Add the rest of the cilantro when the rice is cooked. Easy peasy. And delicious. If I had known, I would have taken a picture of it for you. But I didn't. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment