Welcome to my blog!

I am often asked for my favorite healthy recipes and have decided to share them here. All of the recipes use only whole grains and unrefined sweeteners. REAL FOODS! I love to eat healthy foods and I love to share my passion with others. I do not pretend to be an expert and I learn more every day. So, come in, look around, and hopefully you will find something you like!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Mexican Beans

Try these guys. You will love them. Eat them in enchiladas, on tacos, with chips, or (our fave) on tostadas. Or just plain.

Mexican Beans

3 c. dry pinto beans
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
5 t. salt (I know. Use the good stuff like Real Salt and enjoy its goodness and good-for-you-ness.)
1 t. pepper
1/4 t. cumin
1 jalepeno, diced and seeded (I usually seed 1/2 and leave the rest. I like hot.)
9 c. water

Put it all in the slow cooker on high for 8ish hours. Drain (reserving liquid). Mash, adding liquid to desired consistency. Serve.

NOTE: The beans are healthier if you soak them overnight first. But, if you're not always on top of things and forget to soak them, they will cook up beautifully anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment