Welcome to my blog!

I am often asked for my favorite healthy recipes and have decided to share them here. All of the recipes use only whole grains and unrefined sweeteners. REAL FOODS! I love to eat healthy foods and I love to share my passion with others. I do not pretend to be an expert and I learn more every day. So, come in, look around, and hopefully you will find something you like!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

I would prefer to put a pumpkin recipe up here, but I haven't had the time to make anything pumpkin.
We did have a birthday, however, the request was carrot cake.
Although I admit, it's still ridiculously delicious.

Carrot Cake
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 TBSP cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1 1/2 cup honey
3/4 cup buttermilk
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups shredded carrots
1 can crushed pineapples

Bake at 350˚ for 50 minutes

Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla

Whip all ingredients until thoroughly mixed and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Made this tonight (even used fresh carrots from the garden) and it was so YummY!

    ReplyDelete