Welcome to my blog!

I am often asked for my favorite healthy recipes and have decided to share them here. All of the recipes use only whole grains and unrefined sweeteners. REAL FOODS! I love to eat healthy foods and I love to share my passion with others. I do not pretend to be an expert and I learn more every day. So, come in, look around, and hopefully you will find something you like!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Chocolate Beet Cake

What? Beets in chocolate cake? Can it be? Oh, it can. And it's delicious. I have a confession to make. I have learned to love many things in recent years. Beets are not one of them. I've tried. Oh, how I've tried. I guess I just never thought of putting them in a chocolate cake. Now I know. And now I love them. As long as they're in chocolate.

I'm not actually going to put the recipe here because I want you to visit my friend Claudia's blog. She has wonderful things there, including the chocolate beet cake recipe.

By the way, she uses coconut sugar in the cake. Sucanat would work as well. But don't forget to put one or the other in the cake. If you do forget because you are overwhelmed and have a screaming 7 month old and a screaming 8 year old and two more who are yelling, "MOM!" constantly, all the grandparents and aunts and uncles who came to celebrate your four year old's birthday will be grossed out and your father-in-law might even be quite rude and hurt your already very embarrassed feelings. Totally hypothetical. I just thought I'd throw it out there...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment