Welcome to my blog!

I am often asked for my favorite healthy recipes and have decided to share them here. All of the recipes use only whole grains and unrefined sweeteners. REAL FOODS! I love to eat healthy foods and I love to share my passion with others. I do not pretend to be an expert and I learn more every day. So, come in, look around, and hopefully you will find something you like!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

Since it's Fall--wait, what am I saying? Pumpkin is good in any season. Anyway, since it's Fall, and pumpkin is more in abundance, I'll add to the sweet, pumpkin goodness that's found here. We love to modify Martha Stewart's cupcakes, so when I saw she had a Pumpkin Pancake recipe, I was all over that like Pooh on honey. These are creamy, yes, creamy, and wonderful. We top them with Jessica's homemade syrup (but we use 1 cup maple syrup instead of 1/2 cup honey or agave). If you're feeling really indulgent, you can top it with homemade whipped cream (sweetened with whatever you like), and it tastes like pumpkin pie--I lie not.


Pumpkin Pancakes
Whisk...
1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar (or sucanat or coconut sugar)
2 teaspoons + a pinch baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¾ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon salt;
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cloves.
In a separate bowl, stir together
1 ¼ cup milk
½ cup canned pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 egg
Fold wet mixture into dry ingredients. Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat; pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook pancakes; serve with syrup or whipped cream (or both!). Makes 8 to 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment